De Waterkant Cottage – Green Point, Cape Town
A terraced 1 bedroom cottage in De Waterkant, Green Point, located in the heart of the action, equidistant to Cape Town’s inner city, the V&A Waterfront and the beaches. There are dozens of restaurants, coffee shops & bars a (literal) stone’s throw away.
The property can accommodate 2 people on a self-catering basis. Infants under the age of 2 can be accommodated at no exra cost.
Amenities include uncapped high speed internet, parking, a rooftop deck with a pulley system for serving drinks, satellite TV & a fireplace.
De Waterkant is a sub-district of the suburb of Green Point. An extremely central location tucked between Table Mountain, the bustling city centre and the prestigious V&A Waterfront; and neighboured by the historically coloured district of Bo-Kaap (in truth, De Waterkant is a modernised rendition of the Bo-Kaap).
The mixed Georgian, Cape Dutch and Asian colourful architecture, cobbled streets and historical standing is what makes De Waterkant so unique. The bright, 18th century cottages offer authentic ‘local’ living, nestling on the lower slopes of Signal Hill overlooking Table Bay.
De Waterkant is often described as being arty, charismatic and quaint and is a truly special place decorated with gorgeous al fresco restaurants, sidewalk cafés, boutique shops and bars; and is also home to the Cape Quarter shopping mall (all within walking distance). It is often compared with Greenwich Village in New York.
The cottage is located just 25km from the Cape Town International Airport. Free parking is available on the premises but should you not have a car, many amenities are within walking distance and taxis or Uber readily service the area. A bus stop for a popular MyCiti bus route is also located nearby on Somerset Road. This is a reliable bus service with routes taking you to the inner city. It connects to other routes going to the V&A Waterfront, Clifton & Camps Bay beaches, as well as Hout Bay fishing village. The red open top “hop-on hop-off” City Sightseeing bus is a great way to get to know and explore our city and it’s surrounds.
(Please note: Cape Town (and South Africa) is in the midst of a severe drought. Please be cautious and conservative with water use.)
Be Our Guest
- 1 bedroom cottage: Self-catering (2 Guests). Infants under 2 can be accommodated at no extra cost.
Guest access: guests will be given their own set of keys and have the house to themselves.
- For stays longer than a week, a courtesy weekly or mid-stay clean is offered. We can arrange additional cleaning or laundry services upon request and at an additional cost, if required.
- Bedroom, separate bathroom with bath and shower, lounge, kitchen and dining area.
Indoor fireplace (one of few homes in this area that has this feature)
- Lounge with flat-screen television and satellite channels
- Equipped kitchen (basic cooking utensils, dishes and silverware, dishwasher, refrigerator, oven, stove)
- Tea & coffee making facilities
- Dining area
- Private patio with BBQ grill
- Rooftop deck with a pulley system for serving drinks
- Free parking on premises
- Linen and towels
- Tea, coffee and sugar
- Basic bathroom amenities provided (soap, toilet paper)
- Flat-screen television with satellite channels
- Free high speed WiFi
- Indoor fireplace
- Laptop friendly workspace
- Airport transfers
- Cleaning or laundry services
- Local information, tour planning & booking
De Waterkant Cottage
Exclusive Hire of the 1 Bedroom Cottage (Self-Catering)
R1800 per night
R2800 per night
Please note that rates are dependant on the season.
2 night minimum stay.
Check-in time is 2PM – 12AM (midnight) and check out out by 10AM.
No pets allowed.
No smoking, parties, or events.