Dunstone Beach House
Dunstone Beach House is located in Jacobs Bay on the West Coast. Positioned less than 50m from the water’s edge and just a few steps from the long, soft sandy beach, this magnificent location offers you the perfect chance to fall asleep with the sounds of the waves crashing on the shore.
Our self-catering house has been designed to fully appreciate the location, with full length sliding glass doors leading out onto a sun deck, and then immediately onto the beach. From the bedrooms to the living area, the whole house opens up giving direct access to decking and the dunes. It is ideally situated at the end of the peninsula, overlooking Hospital Bay – a long wide sandy beach. It is ideal for taking long walks, and safe for children and dogs to play. The sea is safe for swimming and body surfing, and if you are lucky you may get to watch dolphins playing in the surf; just beware – the ocean is a little cold!
With 4 large en suite bedrooms, Dunstone Beach House sleeps 8 adults comfortably, or 6 adults and children. Additional children can be accommodated on mattresses – please enquire.
The main level has a fully equipped open plan kitchen, lounge and dining area which lead onto the deck overlooking the sea. In addition to this, there is a indoor braai area and comfy seating, and a TV lounge with full DSTV and DVD player.
The lower level downstairs has a large entertainment room with comfy sofas and bean bags and a large 55 inch TV with separate full DSTV and DVD, mini kitchenette with electric oven, fridge, freezer, and additional kitchen. This level also has a large sheltered outdoor braai with chimney.
The house is perfect for entertaining, relaxing and enjoying beach life at its best. Please note if you wish to braai please bring your own grate.
There are beautiful views from every room in the house. Two bedrooms are located off the main level living area. The third bedroom is a situated downstairs, off the entertainment room. The loft room is tastefully furnished and located up a spiral staircase – this room makes the ideal kids’ dens.
Jacobs Bay is a traditional west coast little fishing village with white washed homes and is the perfect place to fish, dive, sail, go for long scenic walks or just to chill on the sandy shores.
Be Our Guest
The main bedroom has large sliding doors leading onto a private balcony overlooking the beach and sea, as well as a 2nd private balcony with double doors overlooking the sea and village.
Furnished with a King sized bed (or twin) with fine cotton linen, goose down duvet and pillows. It as a flat screen TV with full DSTV, and DVD player with USB. It includes a sofa to relax and a full en-suite bathroom with large shower and separate bath.
The thatched loft is an open plan large relaxed bedroom ideal for kids, a couple or a couple with kids. Complete with ensuite shower room, it contains 2 x queen sized beds and a large baby/ toddler cot (please note the cot cannot be moved downstairs). The loft room is reached by a spiral stairwell – Kids love this space, there is also a TV for watching DVD.
The beach House is set on the dunes of Jacob’s Bay, just 50 m from the shoreline. Offering uninterrupted views form every room.
The house has a fully equipped kitchen. The dining area leads to the deck and covered patio which has a built in braai. Please bring your Own Braai grate with you.
The deck is furnished with chairs and sun lounges. With cushions and beach towels included, as well as a few toys for children to play in the sand.
- Private house: Self-catering (8 Guests)
- Serviced once a week – for addtional cleaning at extra cost please enquire.
- Large open plan kitchen with modern granite worktops, electric hob and cooker, large double sink, dishwasher, microwave, large fridge and freezer and all equipment that you need for a comfortable stay
- Small lounge area off the kitchen with flat screen TV and full DSTV and DVD Player
- Large lounge area downstairs with 55 inch flat screen TV with full separate DSTV and DVD player, large sofa and bean bags.
- A indoor/ outdoor dining table (seats 8 – 10)
- Indoor braai area with folding doors opening onto the wooden deck and views of the sea – please bring your own braai grate with you.
- Large outdoor sheltered braai area with chimney, in view of large screen TV. – please bring your own braai grate with you.
- Comfy seating area infront of inside braai
- A large wooden deck over looking the beach with additional seating & 2 sun loungers
- Guest toilet
- Every window has a sea view
- Kiddie gate on the main stair well.
- Utility room with washing Machine, tumble dryer and ironing board.
- Beach towels and kiddies beach toys provided.
- Books and Games
- Dog friendly
ALL ROOMS PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING
- Fine cotton linen
- Feather duvets & pillows
- A bathroom for each bedroom
- High quality towels
- Stunning views
- Local information
The Beach House
Exclusive Hire of the 4 Bedroom Beach House (Self-Catering)
Please note that rates are dependant on the season.
Children and dogs are welcome, please let us know when booking.